From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 14:51:25 -0700
Chuck,

This sounds like either a bad mouse or bad serial port.  The fact that you
have tried both serial ports and an external card leads me to believe it's
the mouse.  Do you have another serial mouse to try?  Is there a PS/2 mouse
port you could use with a new mouse?  A new mouse will only cost $5 to $10,
and the local Fry's here even has some for under $1 on occasion.  Hope this
helps.

Kyle