From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 07:13:12 -0800
A 10M bps card can only send or receive at 10M bps max. By doing sending and
receiving at the same time, you have the effect of 20M bps traffic. With
only two computers connected with a crossover cable, no switch or hub is
needed. You will have no data collisions and there will always be a full 10M
bps transfer rate. Now, if we could only get that in a larger network!

Peter Shkabara
http://pesh.what.cc