From:
Jerry Lide <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 20:26:39 -0500
Byron,

Believe it or not, there might not be a 2nd level cache... Several years
ago, it was not  uncommon for the very low-price PCs to have *no* 2nd -level
cache. Typically, the manufacturers- like PB-  weren't aiming for a market
who would even ask what 2nd level cache was there, so most buyers of these
systems weren't aware that they had purchased such a design-limited system.

Regards,

Jerry