From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 09:56:02 -0800
If your cards are PNP and you are having this problem then I have seen this
before on a FIC 503 with Kingstone PNP NICs running Win98. The problem was
caused by a failure of Windows 98 and the BIOS to coordinate IRQ routing
correctly. My solution was to move the NIC to another slot and set the BIOS
to Non PNP with a defined PCI slot and an assigned IRQ for the NIC.

Or you can switch from 98 to NT Workstation ... NT handles IRQs differently
then 98 so it is unlikely you will have this problem with Workstation even
using the same setup.

>>I have PC
>>Shuttle Hot 591p V3.1 MOBO, ATI rage II AGP video card, MPE3064 HDD, NIC
>>based on chip RTL 8139B.
>>I´m having troubles with the network acces, but I realized the IRQ for W98

>>is 11 and for the diagnosis programm in the utility disk is 10.
>>I dont get to chenge the IRQ neither in w98 resources ( a message warning me
>>that this resource can be changed appears) nor with the utility disk( IRQ
>>doesnt appear  a changeable )
>>The same thing happens in ten PCs we are building.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html