BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chapel of the unPowered nailers.
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 01:00:10 -0800
Visited Sullivan's People's Federal bank just before Christmas and am
pleased to thank Dan for the suggestion.  Not only is it a jewel of a
building, but the people who work there are gems too.   Their pride in the
building and the personal hospitality expressed by each person I met there
made for an outstanding feeling in the place.   From teller to bank manager,
everyone went gracefully overboard to be informative and supportive of my
interest in grooving on the place, offering information and a backroom tour
before I could ask the questions, and always with the calm smile of people
who are happy at what they do.   I wonder if the magic of the architecture
does it to them or are people just that way in Sidney OH.

In spite of Christmas decorations here and there, I had lots of fun with the
digital Panasonic's 36 power zoom.   Loved the lions along the exterior
window ledges, each with a little rainwater spout in his mouth!

The pilgrimage was a real delight and well worth the miles.   Thanks, Dan.
It made up the 5 hour traffic jam at Indianapolis due to some pile-up,
although I did finally manage to slip off the freeway and get around it by
taking a 4 hour detour of 5 miles.   Amazing to be in the middle of so many
trucks.   The Hew Hess Hay is sure busier than Canerder.

cp back in bc

> Hey--Don't forget:
> 30 minutes by car north to Sidney Ohio, resides what Louis Sullivan
> considered his finest midwestern small bank, People's Federal Savings and
> Loan.  Don't miss it if you can swing it.  Go during the business hours,
and
> check out the interior.  It is well preserved.  Right on Courthouse
Square,