BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks." -- Mary D
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 16:36:13 EDT
In a message dated 8/11/00 3:15:09 PM Central Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

>  breach the mechanical ability of the underlying paint film to hold fast,
and the whole mess begins to delaminate from the siding.

Dan,

I admire the detail of this snippet of descriptive language... no joke. Clear
and precise understanding of the physical mechanics of a coating combined
with evocation of visual action. I can see this.

Today I had to explain in two clear sentences on a quite noisy street the
action of granite exfoliation... it seems that many many messy sentences have
to be gone through in the head before something simple can be limned about an
unanticipated physical action of the universe. To bad I forgot what was said,
it did seem to suffice for the occasion.

][<en