BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deborah Bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks." -- Mary D
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 02:48:22 GMT
hey, thanks for the info!
one of the things I am concerned with is the seemingly
slow page per minute rating
I don't do much color printing at all...
so I can expect a little better than average speed then,
but I'd be interested to hear the results of
a color test...

this printer also advertises a scanner head that can
be popped in, in place of the print head and cartridge...
you have to be able to run the scanned object thru the unit,
which is a problem if you want to get something oversized
or out of a book....
I don't really have much experience with scanners, so I
probably don't even know the right questions to ask  ;)

but I'm mostly looking at map sections, photos,
and specifications I guess....
I xerox pieces of drawings because I typically only need the
1/4" details and elevations,
or I just take them off by hand and draw them myself,
because I always end up messing with the layouts anyway  ;)
(apologies to all you architects out there  ;) )

but I have been talking about putting up a webpage
with line drawings of typical layouts and hardware...
blocking locations and dimensions, and ADA stuff I've developed
over the years....
and it would be a lot easier to scan my existing stuff than
redraw all of it with CAd or whatever for the website...
right?

deb