BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Spencer Leineweber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Astral Rendered Bee Wax -TM"
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 19:12:43 -1000
As one of the archi-chicks lerking on this list...It was only Ralph's
comment that reminded me...of a jury freshman year.

My early drawing skills were non-existent;  most of my designs while
thoroughly creative and outrageously inventive somehow didn't have that
inked drawing crispness on white Strathmore boards so desired by the Texas
Rangers at Cornell.

We had a particularly offensive critic who humbled himself to come to our
jury to throw a few  words into the absorptive minds of the freshman.  When
he got to my boards he went immediately up to look at them very closely and
then said, in this heavy accent,

"Why this deeesign is verrrry creatiff!  But I have theeese question. Why
are you in  arki-tek-chure?  These drawings... they have not been drawn
with a pen but with a .....penis."

The critic then turned to look at the poor victim of this off hand and what
he thought  entertaining comment. My name is the only thing that can be
mistaken for male.  He did blanch ever so slightly when he saw me.  But it
was the response from the back of the room, so perfectly timed, that
literally ended the jury.

"No, Professor, the real question is,  Whose?"

Those were the days.

Spencer