AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ademola Iyi-eweka <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 1998 18:46:51 -0600
I had a terrible health scare on Friday 4th of Feb 2000.   I took a hundred
metre race to the Emergency room at UW Hospital.   I thank God, I did it
without thinking twice.  I ended up spending about three nights at the
hospital.    It was move that saved me from a very serious crisis.   BUT,
what was surprising was the out pouring of love, support and greetings,  I
got from the African and other members of the community in Madison-WI.    It
all helped to pull me through.    I am happy to inform everybody that I am
resting at home now.   I THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL THOSE PHONE CALLS AND
PERSONAL VISITATIONS.   My telephone was literally ringing off the hook ,
all night day and day.  I am still receiving phone calls at home.    My
people, that is what coming together is all about.  It shows we care for one
another.

I am also seizing this opportunity on behalf of Sheila,   to thank all those
who attended the in-house memorial service for Chief Nana Kofi Andoh of
Accra, Ghana on Sunday Feb 6th. 2000.  He died on the 28th of Dec 1999 in
Accra Ghana.   He will be buried 25th Feb 2000.

On this note, I wish to congratulate AWA for the outing of Saturday Feb 5th
2000.   My mouth was watering  when I heard of the delicious dishes  that
were consumed,  while I was only allowed liguid food at the hospital.    And
I said to myself, " What a lousy  time to get sick in Madison."  THE AFRICAN
ASSOCIATION SALUTES YOU ALL.
UNIMA SALUTES YOU ALL.

THANKS EVERYBODY

Ademola Iyi-Eweka