VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 23:50:50 -0500
From:
Gary Bowers <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Hi Peter,

I've over-explained this for the benefit of others on the list, who
are not as familiar with Windows, and I seem to recall that you have
Outlook Express. If I'm wrong about that, sorry.

I'm also assuming that the Find feature is still working with
whatever accessibility software you may be using.

Go to the beginning of the article and find a word that appears,
after the unwanted links, in ALL of the articles. Hopefully, there's
a generic heading or statement that NYT puts before the actual
article. If part of that predictable statement is, "article" or
"appeared" or a punctuation symbol that isn't in the links -- or
anything at all, then you can search for that word or symbol.

In Outlook Express, while reading the INBOX, press "ALT e" (sans
quotes) to open the EDIT tab. Then press f to open "FIND" in the
drop-down. Then press t to open "Text in this message."

A small "FIND" window will appear, and the focus will be on the
"Find What" field. Type in the word or symbol that is at the start
of each article... if such a word/symbol exists. Then press ENTER
and the word will be highlighted on your screen. If that word or
symbol isn't part of the previous text or links, you should be at
the start of the article.

ALT e > f > t > then type the word to be found > ENTER

<< The article is downloaded and I have to hit the down arrow about
65 times
before getting to the top of the article that I want. Does anybody
know of
a quicker way for me to skip over the 65 links for everything you
can
imagine, but nothing to do with what I clicked on the article for.