Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Gary Kaucher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 23:14:39 -0500
Kyle-

The drive did have a driver overlay program. It was Seagate's "EZ drive."
Would FDISK and FORMAT remove that or could I have removed it when I did
FDISK/MBR? The old computer that I put this into has LBA. After I got the
tranlation geometry straightened out I didn't need the "EZ drive" software,
and I was able to make it work. Do you have to partition and format each
time after you change the hard drive type in CMOS? If so, that might have
been my problem. Thanks for help.

Gary Kaucher

At 09:52 PM 11/17/99 GMT, you wrote:
>This sounds to me like there is a driver overlay program on it.  With the
>drive being this old and of this size, it would stand to reason that it came
>with a driver overlay on it.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html