Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Xenu's Sister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 1997 06:02:13 -0500
I appreciate the input of Dean, Troy (it's nice to
see you here!) and Ray regarding an all (or mostly)
meat diet. It sounds as if Moira's son and I have a
lot in common. I could go without eating anything
but meat too, and it's good to hear people I respect
agree that it should be no problem at all. Keep us
informed on how your son is doing Moira.

I like my meat (steaks) medium-rare, completely
cooked on the outside, warm but mostly still
pink on the inside. I understand the value of
competely raw meat, but I can't bring myself
to eat it that way. It's not because it's raw, it's
because I don't feel "satisfied" unless my meal
is warm, and because I worry about whatever
germs might be hitching a ride on the outside
of the meat. It's nice that my compromise is
the way I've always liked my meat anyway.
And yes, I'll keep eating broccoli until I get
sick of it.

I've never thought of beef jerky as raw meat,
but of course it is, and I could eat a ton of
that. I have to buy a new dehydrator though.
The one I bought was just too cheap and cheezy.
After only a month of use all the plastic trays
melted to the point where they were useless.
It was Kitchen Basics from K-Mart, and needless
to say I don't recommend the brand. I was running
it 24 hours a day for days at a time, but I would
think that they're supposed to last longer.
Can anyone recommend a brand that they've
put through the wringer and still works fine?

I'll probably still down some multi-vitamins at
least every other day, for cheap prevention as
Dean puts it.

I do seem to be losing weight now, *finally*!
I'm at 225, wheras I was stuck between 230-235
for a few months, up until last week. Maybe it's
because of the mostly meat meals, and maybe
it's because I started taking my anti-depressants
again, which I had quit about 4 months ago. I might
have misunderstood the role of seratonin in dieting.
All the back and forth talk about it went right over
my head (says the girl whose IQ is probably 95-100
and feels quite dumb around all you smart folks).
I guess I thought that seratonin levels would improve
on a low-carb diet and that my anti-depressant would
contribute to stopping weight loss. My depression started
getting worse and worse, dangerously worse, and
not losing weight didn't help things. I figured "damn
the weight loss, I'll end up in the hospital if I don't
start taking them again" and so I did. Was it a
coincidence that the next day I started losing and
and have kept going down steadily since? I don't know.
I just hope it keeps up.

Vickie