AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"AAM (African Association of Madison)" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Peter Munoz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 13:30:25 -0600
From:  Cheryl Wittke, Conference Coordinator

I'm writing to share information with you about an exciting conference
happening this Spring, Neighborhoods USA (NUSA) 99: Building
Neighborhoods Block by Block. I'm hoping that you will consider joining
us as a presenter or participant, and that you will pass this information
on to others you think would be interested in the event.

NUSA 99: Building Neighborhoods Block by Block Conference will be held
Wednesday, May 26 through Saturday, May 29, 1999 in Madison, Wisconsin at the Frank Lloyd Wright-designed Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center on Lake Monona. The NUSA Conference is an annual event that draws between 600-1,000 neighborhood association leaders and activists, planners and non-profit organization staff.

We're building our program now, and are looking for presenters. In particular, we are hoping to attract neighborhood organizers, training
organizations, and neighborhood groups with an effective model or
interesting story to share. If you have a great neighborhood story to tell or skill to teach, please consider responding to our Call for Presentations by Friday, November 13, 1998.  If you know of an organization doing wonderful work in a neighborhood, please forward the attached information on to them. Our focus is on NEIGHBORHOODS.  We would also appreciate your help by posting conference info (or a link to our Web site at www.ci.madison.wi.us/planning/neighbor.htm) on your Web site.

THANK YOU

For more information about NUSA 99, contact Cheryl Wittke, Conference Coordinator, P.O. Box 1581, Madison, WI 53701-1581;  (608) 256-6713
(phone);  (608) 256-6795 (fax);  e-mail: [log in to unmask];  website:
www.ci.madison.wi.us/planning/neighbor.htm.

Call for Presentations

Please complete and return the following form by Friday, November 13, 1998 to NUSA 99 Conference Workshop Proposals;
P. O. Box 1581, Madison, WI 53701-1581; FAX: (608) 256-6795;
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Name: ________________________________
Address: ______________________________
Work phone: ___________________________
Home phone: ___________________________
Fax number: ____________________________
E-mail: ________________________________

Workshop Track (Please select one only.)

_____ Neighborhood Organizing
_____ Good Works: Neighborhoods and Faith-Based  Institutions
_____ Safe Neighborhoods
_____ Inspiration Track
_____ Youth
_____ Neighborhood Revitalization
_____ Neighborhood Enhancement and Design
_____ Partners Across Communities

Proposed WorkshopTitle:

Please write a brief, 1-to-2 paragraph description of the session you
propose to present at NUSA 99. Feel free to attach an additional page: