From:
Craig Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 17:19:46 -0700

Nutribiotic emailed that their Grapefruit Seed Extract
(GSE) is gluten free.  This is wonderful at
controlling candida.  They also make some other
products, some of which are GF.

Below is their email and my original querry to them.

Cheers, Craig

Dear Craig,

Thank you for your interest in our products.  You will
be happy to know that our GSE is gluten free.  The
glycerin is from coconut and/or palm.  The machine it
is manufactured on makes no other products and uses
teflon so there is no need to coat it with anything.
The only product you probably cannot use is our Rice
Protein (and our Cashew Almond Crunch ProZone bar,
Spectrum Shake Mix and Vegan ProZone drink mix because
these are made with the rice protein).  The rice
protein product process uses an enzyme derived from
barley.  All our other ProZone products are gluten
free.  I hope this helps.  Please feel free to contact
me again if you have further questions.

Sincerely,
Trisca Richardson
NutriBiotic

>Hello,
>
>My name is Craig and I love your Grapefruit Seed
>Extract.  I do need to check something,however, as
>I've been diagnosed with Celiac Disease.  This is a
>condition in which I cannot consume gluten.  I have
>severe reactions to foods that contain gluten. If I
>avoid gluten, no problems at all.
>
>Gluten is found in:
>Wheat
>Rye
>Barley
>Oats
>Millet
>
>And their derivatives.  These may be contained in:
>Carmel color
>Dextrins
>Emulsifiers
>Extracts w/grain alcohol
>Flavorings w/grain alcohol
>Malt
>Modified food starch
>
>Specifically, I need to know the source of the
>glycerine in your GSE.
>
>I must also be concerned with food preparation.  For
>example, some companies apply a layer of flour to
>conveyor lines to prevent their food  product from
>sticking to the conveyor.
>
>Also, I need to be know if your lines make other
>products that might have gluten; there's a fear of
>cross-contamination.
>
>If you have gluten free information on any of your
>other products, that would be great, too.
>
>Thank you so much for your time in this matter.  I
>will be happy to send your response to a listserve
>with over 3,000 members who all have the same
>condition.  I'll let them know how wonderful and
>effective your product is. . .  :)
>
>Looking forward to hearing from you.

=====
Craig Peters