From:
Becky Leppard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 20:04:52 -0800

Hi,

I was having trouble with the supplement Glucosamine and Chondroitin.  I was
wondering if  others had  trouble with the supplement as well.  Thanks
for all of you who wrote as it was extremely helpful.

Here is the summary of those who wrote:

I use the Pain Free  Schiff brand from Costco (2 replies)

I switched to Cosamin DS, a prescription pure brand of
glucosamine/chondroitin.  It seems to work very well.

I have no problems using the NOW brand of Double Strength Glucosamine
Sulfate, 1500 mg. each tablet.  (No Chondroitin)

Try TwinLabs Glucosamine Fuel. It has both glucosamine sulfate and chondroitin
sulfate.  It is gluten free.

I can't take the supplement because I'm allergic to sulfur and the compounds
contain sulfates.(2)

I was told that the NOW brand of xanthan gum was not gluten-free because
of using barley enzymes.

Thanks to all of you who took the time to reply.  I think I will switch
to the Twin Labs or the Schiff product as the Now reps haven't answered
my e-mail as of yet.