Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 18:21:15 -0800
From:
Irish Belle <[log in to unmask]>

I would like to hear from list members who have documented improvement in
their bone scans using diet (GF and calcium/vitamin D/boron/etc.) alone.

In looking through the archives, the question has been asked about what is
the best treatment.  There are those who are on both sides of the issue -
supplementation versus prescription meds.  I have read documented proof of
improvement with prescription meds such as fosamax (I know the pros and cons
of this medication in people with stomach problems) and miacalcin but
nothing documenting improvements with supplements alone.  I have also read
several books about osteoporosis such as Dr. Alan Gaby's Preventing and
Reversing Osteoporosis; I'm not looking for books but folks' real-life,
documented (i.e., DEXA bone scans) experiences.  I am not on the side of the
drug community but I wonder if you reach a point where the osteoporosis is
so bad as to not be able to fully recover without help beyond diet and
supplements.

Thanks so much!

Kathy
Oceanside, CA