From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 21:26:37 EST

The responses I've gotten have been clearly positive, and all seem to
understand the warning, but one, who totally misunderstood and demanded that
I rescind my message. There is nothing to rescind. It was a correction of
someone else who erroneously said wheat is not allowed on Passover, implying
all Passover food is safe for celiacs....which is WRONG. I really don't know
how else to say it. But I'll try one final time...and then let someone else
take the heat.

From a strictly religious perspective, wheat does exist in Kosher for
Passover matzah and related products. Wheat, in and of itself, is not a
forbidden food on Passover, as long as you don't have CELIAC.
Celiacs cannot eat store-bought matzah, matzah meal, cake meal, or farfel.
Spelling may vary, but at least it will be on the label if it is in the food,
which is why we look forward to Passover.

Clear enough?

It's up to you whether or not you eat oat matzah. I react to oats so I don't.

Linda