From:
Cathy Flick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 17:15:04 -0500

The trick is to use a search engine rather than just searching individual
sites you already know about -- I put pastariso into the Alta Vista
search engine (www.altavistadigital.com) and came up with 47 hits. Some
were commercial sites with online catalogs and online ordering, such as

http://www.frankferd.com
http://www.missroben.com
http://www.hwcn.org/~an216/intro.html
http://www.akins.com/home_nn.htm
http://members.aol.com/boharts/foodlist.html
http://glutenfree.com/
http://www.liv-n-well.com
http://www.mothernature.com

I can't endorse most of these sites, since I haven't used them myself
(MotherNature.com is definitely okay, I've bought from there; I'm
intending to try Frankferd Farms some time myself). But you can do some
comparison shopping....

Also you can write to the company and ask them to tell you their
distributors (found this on one of the 47 links Alta Vista came up with):

Pastariso Inc.
55 Ironside Cres., Unit 6&7
SCARBOROUGH, Ontario M1X 1N3
(416) 321 9090

You can see that the search engine approach will very quickly steer you
not only toward distributors of most foods you are looking for, but also
might get you other useful information (or ideas about new products).
This would be a good way to check out the gf status of various items
also, simply by looking for the brand name plus (gf or "gluten free" or
celiac) in a search engine.

                     Peace, Cathy Flick [log in to unmask]