From:
Jane Winkenwerder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 13:38:05 EDT

Am I the last to realize that Health Valley has been bought out by the Hains
Food Group (www.thehainsfoodgroup)?  I have enjoyed Health Valley's Crisp
Rice Bars for several years.  I especially enjoyed the Apple-raisin flavor.
I had not been able to locate it on the grocery shelf so I called the 800# on
the box (800-523-4846) only to find out that their company had been bought
out by the Hains Food Group.  I looked this company up on the internet and
got their Phone # (1-516-237-6200) When I called I was passed on to Beth and
she confirmed my worst fears.  The company has been bought out and they will
not continue to make these bars. I did email the company concerning my wishes
for them to carry the bar.  Hope others will call and email them if they
really like the Crisp Rice Bars.  I will wait for their answer.  What a blow
to the GF community.  I took these bars everywhere.  When they served cookie
or cake I could always rely on these bars to get me through.  Now I am going
on a 10 day trip and wanted to have some on hand.  Not sure what I will do --
does anyone have suggestions?  I want it to be something that I can carry in
my purse and not worry about spoilage.

Thanks in advance
Jane
ND