From:
Thai One <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 21:21:26 EST

In following up the replies to my post I received the following  information:

First source:
Bacardi Rums are GF.

   Bartles and James wine coolers are gluten free (BUT ONLY if they don't say
they are " flavored beer").   Depending on the time of year B&J uses different
things for the wine coolers . .. . nice of them, right?  The labels are rather
clear, and you just have to be sure to read everything.

   E&J Brandies are supposed to be safe too, but not the cask and cream
liquor . . .

   Tequila would be all right, but I suggest finding a bottle that states '100%
blue agave' and when possible drink only the clear (not the golden) tequila.
The golden tequilas sometimes get their color from additives.

Second source:

Jinro Soju is a Korean vodka made entirely from sweet potatoes and entirely
safe. Furthermore, it's the best selling alcoholic beverage in the world
anywhere. It tastes much better than most vodka, much like an excellent
mild martini.

If you want European vodka, then Luksusowa is made from potatoes as vodka
used to be, and is an excellent vodka.