From:
chintala <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 15:13:39 +1100

Hi folks.

Received a reply from McCain obviously. It specifies that  all the
dinner, pizza and battered fry ranges contain gluten. Well no surprise
there.

Secondly, the following products do not contain gluten. But don't get
excited because they can't guarantee the gf status as the same friers
are used for ALL PRODUCTS. Even though the friers are cleaned
thouroughly after each production run, there is the minute chance of
contanimation.

1 kg superfires shoestring
1 kg superfries chunky cut
1 kg healthy choice country style
1 kg healthy choice straight cut
1 kg superfires crinkle cut
1 kg Polyunsaturated superfries crinkle cut
1 kg Polyunsaturated superfries straight cut
1 kg superfries extra long.

So once again reading the labels is not enough.

I know that we should make everything from scratch and then we wouldn't
have a problem, but sometimes you get tired, or rushed or just plain
bored and want something simple. I'll keep hunting.

Cheers Tracy

Tracy Fleming
Australia