Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 05:11:42 -0600
From:
Rick B Schroeter <[log in to unmask]>

Hi, All !

After posting a short blurb recently stating that I did not have much
response to my post on mouth sores, I received a flood of them. The sores
I was asking about are tiny, raised, black dots that are usually located
on the inside of my cheek and lips. The seem to occur after I have eaten
a food that I'm probably allergic to.

A number of people responded saying they have the same thing and have
connected them to an allergen reaction. Their dentists and doctors say
they are "blood blisters," but offer no other explanation.

One person said they saw a dentist at the Mayo Clinic and he thought it
was caused from biting the inside of her cheek as she slept. She uses
zinc lozenges to get them to disappear more quickly and tries to position
her head at night in a way to prevent her from biting her cheek. I do not
think this is the case with me and most of the other people who e-mailed
me. I connect it with foods, as they did. Soy is a big allergen for me
and always brings on the mouth sores.

Unfortunately, no one was able to definitively state what these are and
how to deal with them. But this does help to make some of us not feel so
alone with these colorful little objects that like to make their
appearance from time to time!

Thanks for the replies. Christie in TX