From:
Sylvie De Roy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 18:39:24 -0500
I have a 4X Panasonic Matshita CR574B CD-ROM (bought in 1995, it came with
the original system configuration).  Using a Windows98 Boot disk I cannot
install Windows98.  I get following error message: Device not found no
OEMCD001.

I have the original drivers installation diskette for the CD-ROM device so
in DOS I copied the content of this floppy disk to my newly formatted C: HD
and it created a ATACR directory.

I proceeded with copying the cr_atapi.sys file contained in the C:ATACR
directory on to the Windows98 boot disk.

I then opened the C:AUTOEXEC.BAT file and copied and appended its content to
the autoexec.bat file on the Windows98 boot disk, editing the last line to
read DEVICE=A:.

I also copied the content of C:CONFIG.SYS file to the config.sys file on the
Windows98 boot disk and modified the device path to read as follows:
LASTDRIVE=Z
DEVICE=A:\ATACR\CR_ATAPI.SYS /D:MSCD000 /Q

I then inserted the Windows98 CD in the CD-ROM device drive and rebooted.
No luck: I got an error message indicating that a drive overflow error was
caused.

Help in solving this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Sylvie De Roy
Montreal - CANADA

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html