C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 07:19:05 -0400
That's what keeps me going.  Sounds like Alex has some very complicated
vision problems.  Did you ever find information on CVI-Coritical Visual
Impairment?
The trickiest part about kids is, you don't know what's going on until they
start missing developmental milestones.  They can't tell they see
differently, that's the way it's always been.

Beth the OT

Interesting. Alex has been treated and followed for ROP and very
nearsightness.
On the multidisclipanary work ups it has been note by the school psych that
he only attends to images to the right side of the page. The SPL teacher
also noted that he was unable to focus or identify a picture of a large duck
on a page but went on to I.D. the page number at the bottom of the page
which as she said was no bigger than a period. Alex's PMR doctor referred
him to a nuero-opthomologist who dx him with CVI. His regular
pedi-ophthalmologist knew nothing about CVI  and was no help at all.  There
is also some speculation if some of his visual problems my in fact be a
smaller part of word retrieval problems as well. The mind is a wickedly
complicated piece of work!!!!!!!!!
Joanne