C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 06:27:30 EDT
In a message dated 4/17/00 11:27:25 AM Pacific Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< Does every case of Cerebral Palsy get worse?  Kathy Pink >>

Hi Kathy,

As I have mentioned many times before, as an adult with mild spastic diplegic
CP, I am improving rather than getting worse. A few years ago, I was told by
an ortho to get myself a walker due to the severe pains in my ankles which I
have had since my second surgery at the age of 8. Instead of listening to
him, I went to a nutritionist who said that I had major food allergies.
Results? I no longer have the pains that I suffered for years with. The ortho
claimed that I had osteo-arthritis or osteoporosis. I was told him to his
face that I was too young for that.

Since I started therapeutic horseback riding 3 1/2 years ago, I am constantly
improving all the time. I am also doing other alternative therapies as well
such as NACD, EEG biofeedback and go to a chiro on a fairly regular basis. I
have also done Rolfing for over 20 years which has always been a lifesaver
for me. I am also working on getting my vision back to 20/20 or better. So I
certainly believe that we do not have to deteriorate as we get older with CP.
The more active we are and the more we do, the better off we are.

Just my .02 cents worth,

Dina