C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 18:20:41 EDT
In a message dated 4/16/00 9:11:04 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:
Bobby Greer, mild CP
62 yrs old

<<  1. What are the things that cause you the greatest concern when you think
 about growing older with a pre-existing disabilty?

That the disabilities will get worse,ie., poorer balance, more muscle
tightness and soreness, etc.

 2. What are some things you are looking foward to as you age?

Retirement I think, being free of work, enjoring grand children

 3. What do you wish your primary care provider knew about treating folks
with life long disabilities?

Have had no problems this way. I have other non-CP related health problems,
hypertension, heart trouble, etc.

 4. What kind of supports do you think you will need to continue to live your
life in the way you choose as you grow older?

I am not sure what you me by "supports"

 5. If you could change one thing (big or little, stricly personal or with
implications for others) to insure that you would "age well" what would that
be?

Take better care of my condition, eta right and excercise

Bonnie if you want more specifics ask me.

 The questions are just a guide, other thoughts are always welcome!

Also contact me privately if talking on the phone is easier than typing
extensive e-mails.  I'll try to call you from my office (shhh! ;-))
 Bonnie (the "old" woman with CP)
 and Claude (the almost three year od service dog)