C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 08:42:16 -0400
I really don't know how common it is. I know that many of the children that
come into our clinic had jaundice as a baby.  Many of these children have
soft neurological signs and come in with sensory processing disorders and/
or attentional problems.
The jaundice problem is quite common and is one of the main reasons HMO's
have to let the baby stay for at least 48 hours after delivery in many
states to give the child time to get their metabolism working  correctly.

Beth the OT