VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Seymour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Seymour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 02:23:37 -0700
To All,

This is a techno question.

I got a call last night, with the offer of a cell phone. I am forwarding
the offers onto the group so that anybody who has a cell phone can write
back to the group and give us all an idea of what is a good buy these days.

The offer starts out with up to 4 cell phopnes mailed out to you, free of
charge. There is a 1 year commitment for the following:

$40.00 per month gives 500 weekday minutes, and 1000 weekend minutes to
speak, whether the call is out-going or in-coming. If all 1500 minutes are
used up, it comes out to 2.6 cents per minute for any call within the U.S.,
Canada, Hawaii, but not Alaska. This is more than you would pay for a local
call, but a good savings for long distance.

It always includes: Call forwarding, voice mail, call waiting, paging,
email, and caller ID. The last 3, paging, email and caller ID are visual
displays. Does anybody know of an audio cell phone? ...or maybe a cell
phone company that provides those features in audio, like when you call in
for your voice mail.

So basically, do the above terms and features sound like a good buy? Does
anybody reading this use a cell phone and can you give us all an idea of
what kind of deal this is?

The sales person for the one I just mentioned is going to call me back on
Wednesday, and I'd like to give him an answer then, so... ASAP, please.

Thank you very much.
Peter Seymour