Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 15:46:13 -0500
Hi,

What might be a likely cause for "illegal operation" messages popping up
whenever I try to make a shortcut by moving an icon (rightclick, drag,
choose "create shortcut" method)?  It happens within the explorer panes, on
the desktop, and in choosing a destination from the "send to" menu.  I am
using Win98 on an IBM laptop (3 mos. old) with 64MB and a Celeron.  IE5,
Comm. 4.6, and Office Pro 2000 have existed for the entire time I've had
this system.  The mouse is a USB, and an external monitor is hooked up, but
this happens when it is a stand-alone unit as well.  A few day prior, I had
installed Homesite 4.0 and Fireworks.  I have defrag'ed and cleaned up .tmp
and other unnecessary files as a matter of course.  I have not made any
upgrades to this system.

?????

Thanks!

Julie Shanks