From:
Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 07:10:53 -0800
Hi all,
I have Pacific Bell coming on Friday to install DSL, yeah!! What I need to
know is do I have somewhere to add their NIC?
Here are my present IRQ settings:
00 System Timer
01 Keyboard
02 Programmable interrupt controller
03 Com 2
03 Com 1
04 USR INT FAX INT PnP
05 SB 16 PnP
06 Floppy Disk controller
07 ECP printer port
08 System CMOS/ real time clock
09 Starfighter AGP
09 IRQ Holder for PCI steering
10 Intel USB Host controller
10 IRQ Holder for PCI steering
11 NE2000 Compatible
12 Mouse
13 Numeric Data Processor
14 Intel PCI Bus Master IDE controller
14 Primary IDE Controller (dual fifo)
15 Adaptec AHA-2940UW PCI SCSI controller
15 IRQ Holder for PCI steering

I recently disabled my second IDE channel in the CMOS as I no longer have
any IDE drives in my machine. I am however to this point still saddled with
a Toshiba ATAPI CD drive. Otherwise I would have disabled the Primary IDE
controller as well.
The NE2000 is an ISA card, for access to my Novell 4.11 server. My question
is where can I install their NIC? Can I share an IRQ with something here? I
have two open PCI slots and no open ISA. Cards are, PCI, Adaptec, ISA, USR
modem, ISA SB 16, ISA NIC. I suppose the NE2000 is the most expendable at
this point if I have to remove something.
Thanks,
Brad Loomis
Los Angeles, CA

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,