From:
Justine Shrider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 17:20:41 -0600
Periods change as we age and even though you are only 44, you may be at the
very beginning of menopause which may go on for ten years or so. It's
different with everyone. I've heard that periods cease in women who are
extremely thin. This shouldn't be happening to you if you are eating plenty
of meat and oils like olive oil. Your uterus "is behaving". It's natural for
there to be changes now and then in flow and number of days. I'm opposed to
hysterectomy unless there is an extremely good reason for it. Fibroids tend
to go away at menopause. Your 4-month period was something to take care of
which you did, but probably, healthful eating and possible weight loss will
see you through the rest of the way.