From:
Julie Kangas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 12:05:16 -0800
Howdy all,

I'm new here and new to paleo.  I've done low-carb
(ala Protein Power), and re-did it when I fell off
after a major surgery.  But I've been thinking more
about longterm health and what I can do.  I think
the paleo WOE makes a lot of sense so I'm going to
take that step.

It's kind of funny really.   I've always loved
to eat meat, yet during grad school I started
to eat "healthy" - you know the deal.  I cut
out red meat and loaded up on bread and every
thing else on the food pyramid.  After many years
you can see why I had some 30 pounds to lose!
I was also starving, constantly sick, and felt bad.
Once I put a lot of meat back into my diet and
cut out the carbs I felt 1000% better.

Since the fall I've been happily snacking on a
couple of deer that decided to take up residence
in my freezer <g>.  I am now convinced that the
most perfect food is fallow deer and it's helped
me realize that the foods I thought I craved -
grains and potatoes which I still ate in limited
portions, really just don't taste all that good
to begin with.

Anyway, if you've managed to get through my
ramblings, I've got a few questions.

Are recipes considered on topic?

Does anyone know of good resources for organic
meat (hopefully venison :) in southern
California?

I really don't like fruits/veggies but I
know I need to eat more of them.  Are there
any other carnivores-in-omnivore's-bodies
here who can offer some advice?

Julie