C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 07:38:54 EDT
Good morning my little Chickadees!

How does it feel this morning, to be a member of the finest list in the
world?  Life's good, ain't it now?

Happy Friday to you, and for those of you with a straight work week, AMEN!
For your reward, you get to come back Monday.

Item 1: I would like to share a neat craft page for your youngins with links
to other craft pages and ideas as well.

<A
HREF="http://craftsforkids.about.com/parenting/craftsforkids/msubstick.htm">St
icks and Twigs Craft Projects</A>

I will be making the Wish Stick today.  Would anyone like to make one with
me? It will be something we can remember each other by.  I am behooved
however, to share that it's all fun and games until somebody's eye gets poked
out.

Safety Betty...or Betty Safety (BS); whatever.

Item 2: This is a great time of year for those of you living on the third
rock, in the same annual cycle as I am experiencing in Alexandria Virginia,
USA.  We are entering summer; for many nature lovers, the most enjoyable
season of all.

This is the time for many species of nature's newborns to begin discovering
their new and wondrous habitats.

This year, my back yard nesting box has been occupied by house wrens.  The
parent's melodious call has brought me hours of contentment.  Last week I was
witness to the most humorous event.  I squirrel made the error of "parking"
too near the nest.  Either Mom or Dad wren, I'm not sure which, buzzed him
(skimmed the top of his head) as I call it, and chased him at length as he
vainly tried to escape.  No matter where that poor squirrel ran, wren was hot
in pursuit.

I was all by myself; there was no one with whom I could share this riveting
spectacle.

Around the bush, over the barbecue grill, and dashing up the mighty oak,
Squirrel fled with a purpose -- to no avail, however.  The vexatious wren was
unrelenting.

Finally, they sped out of sight, one ahead of the other.  Behind the next
house, they were gone.

As I finished my coffee, I pondered the question of the ages: How the hell
can some idiot social worker think that TV shows are more socially
enlightening than books?

That is all.

Betty -- Early-on high school dropout (1975), possessor of the coveted GED
(1976), with fond memories as a child surrounded by books.

This message was brought to you in honor of my parents, who knew a heck of a
lot more about me than anyone else.