C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 09:16:02 EDT
Thanks for sharing your story Beth -- on this Friday morning after a few good
hours of sleep (even though I didn't fall asleep until early in the morning),
I can see that my Uncle was trying to think of practical matters.  He is
misinformed about the mortgage issue, but this is the way he is.

Mom does know what hospice means.  I happened to call them Tuesday to find
out if they had resources to help us even though Mom didn't have a six months
or less diagnosis (their criteria).  They said they couldn't help us unless
she did.  Of course, at the time, I didn't know that she did have that
diagnosis and neither did she.  I told her about my conversation with Hospice
of Northern Virginia and this was fresh in her mind when the social worker
stopped in for her visit.

All of this will sort itself out; I'm only angry at this point that no one on
the medical team coordinated with each other or me before they broke this
news to my Mom.  This was not a smooth hand off.

 (