C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 22:43:04 EDT
In a message dated 04/21/2000 12:14:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< How's your Mom?  And you?

 > Post me off List, if you choose.
 >
 > S. >>

We're hanging in there Steve, you're a doll for asking.  Mom had her first
chemotherapy treatment Monday and slept most of the next three days.  She was
pretty cranky Monday after she came home, but I figured I could let that roll
of my back if I really wanted to be an adult about it.  I'm a little cranky
myself when my own pain gets out of hand.  I just tried to keep the house
quiet while she was asleep, and jump on the phone before it rang too many
times.

I'm tired myself, but I think some of that is psychological right now.  I
went to a Seder last night. That was a very special event for me.  Every time
these particular friends invite me over for something it seems like I have to
decline because they always plan long-lasting events.  As you know the Seder
is no exception, but I really needed to participate.  I couldn't go last
year, and I really missed being there.  Today I paid for it but it was worth
it.  I slept all afternoon.

We really have terrific neighbors who stop by every few days and will do
things we can't do.  They have been consistent with this and I don't know
what I could possibly do to reciprocate.  I visited with them a little while
tonight -- kind of a mini respite.  They have two children who are adorable.
They make me feel young!

That's the whole report, I guess.  All in all, we are okay.  I wish my Mom
didn't have to go through all this, but she does, and she does, and she does.
 What can I do?

Thanks for asking Steve,
Betty