C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 14:13:14 -0400
 1. What are the things that cause you the greatest concern when you
think
 about growing older with a pre-existing disabilty?
Losing the ability to walk, chronic pain

 2. What are some things you are looking foward to as you age?
teaching college, then retirement when I can volunteer my time and help
others

 3. What do you wish your primary care provider knew about treating
folks
with life long disabilities?
how about actually being able to tell me what to expect as I age,
preventive "medicine" so I live a more productive life

 4. What kind of supports do you think you will need to continue to live

your life in the way you choose as you grow older?
walker/wheelchair, first floor living, strong network of friends/family
for support
 5. If you could change one thing (big or little, stricly personal or
with
implications for others) to insure that you would "age well" what would
that
be?
That the flexibility I do have would not diminish with age so that I
could remain active and pain free.

Linda