C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bonnie Moulton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 17:34:08 EDT
Hi Folks,

I have proposed to write an article on aging with a disability for "New Mobilty" and they are interested.
The article will be out in Sept. and is due in to the editor on 23 June.

I am hoping that some of you in whom this subject strikes a responsive chord will be willing to be interviewed (via e-mail) so that your thoughts, feelings and perceptions cn be recorded for posterity.

Two caveats:

The article is tentatively called "Post-Everything Syndrome" to attenpt to indicate that many of us who are aging w/ disability have the same kinds of problems that were originally explored with the post-polio folk.
I want to interview some folks with CP, some with spinal cord injuty some with Gillian-Baree Syndrome and so on.
So, cannot *just talk about CP folk  -- even though it is my disability of choice.

Next if you would like to be interviewed and if your interview is incorporated into the article, I have been asked to encourage you to send a photo of yourself  -- they make articles more interesting.

Anybody intested?

If so, e-mail me privately and I will send you some questions I have thought about asking.  You are, of course, free to make any other comments that might go beyond the format of these questions.

The subject of aging has come up frequently over the past year.  In that this is effecting me personally and is also the topic of my ever-ongoing dissertation research, I would love to here from some of you.

Please don't make me name names, just send an e-mail if you are interested.

Thanks,
Bonnie