C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 15:38:57 -0500
I would like to welcome all of the new members.

I was born on July 5, 1971.  It was a complicated birth. . .  I couldn't cry
, breathe or suck.  The doctors thought I would be a vegetable the rest of
my life.  As a result of all of this , I was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy
at the age of three a half .  I am very physically disabled because of all
of this.  I can't walk , talk , or feed myself.  When I was four years old ,
I was the Cerebral Palsy Poster child.  I went to Day Care for that had
disabilities and Early Childhood.  Then I went through all of school.  When
I was in fourth grade , I was put in to a special education class in school.
I used to to drool a lot and I had a surgery to stop that.   When I was a
freshman in high school , I had what looked like seizures but actually it
was suicidal attempts. I won the award for the outstanding handicapped
citizen for the state of Wisconsin.  I went to college and double majored in
Data Entry and Accounting.   I update telephone directories for a living.  I
do about twenty to thirty a year.  I do it right from my home.   I also make
and sell my own greeting cards.  As I mentioned before , I have had a lot of
problems with depression and suicide.  From 1992 to 1998 I was in counseling
and from 1994-96, I was hospitalized seven times because of this.  The
reason of all of this is because I couldn't cope with having a disability.
My family consists of a father , a mother and three brothers.   I also have
seven nieces and nephews .  I collect angels.  I'm really involved on the
Internet.  I'm on three  ListServs, ICQ, AOL Instant Messenger , and mIRC.
My ICQ UIN # is 16632777.  My screen name for AOL Instant Messenger is
KJPink.  The servers that I'm usually on on mIRC is  BrightNet or ChatWorks.
I have a Home WebPage .  It is at
http://homepages.msn.com/WindowsWay/kjpink/.

Kathy