C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 22:19:09 -0400
Welcome.  My name is Deborah and I am here in the group for my youngest
Zachary,who is 2 1/2.  He has microcephaly, hypotonia, and mild CP as well
as many other physical and mental problems.  I was interested in knowing how
well bracing of the arms and hands help.  Zachary should be receiving his
Benik for his left hand and arm any day now.  It does have a thumb abductor
and a wrist stay.  The OT is hoping this will keep him from bending his arm
at the wrist in the fisted, thumb tucked position.  She will be ordering a
brace for his right hand as well, but it won't be involved.  Please let me
know of any information you can get on this, I will be greatly appreciative.
Deborah mom of 4