C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 10:45:08 EST
In a message dated 02/08/2000 7:39:00 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< betty,
 i have taken to using travel mugs intended for use in cars. i use them all
 the time because the "jerks" are unpredictable and come more often. my
 friends and family are having to become accustomed to me showing up with my
 mug in case they offer a drink of some kind.
    another problem that is more and more coming up is that my hand just
 turns stuff loose. i understand after three surgeries losing my grip, but,
 it is still a pain to drop stuff all the time.

I guess I have more in common with you guys than I think about sometimes.  I
drop things too, that was one of the first things I noticed.  I often drop my
keys.  My grip strength is fairly shot too, but I'm comparing it to when I
had a very strong grip.  Trisha and Amber gave me a coffee mug with a top on
it for Christmas and that's what I'm drinking out of now.