C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Kyle E. Cleveland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 09:13:41 -0500
Ya know (I'm sure I'm about to pop my 15 msg limit, here), if all we did was
sit around and whine about our crappy lives with CP, I believe I would have
sent in my "signoff-list" a long time ago.

Many folks have come and gone on this list in the couple years I've been
here.  We've talked about virtually every issue under the sun, mobilized
ourselves when we thought one of the list members was in physical harm a
while back (no names, but Lexington, Kentucky might ring a bell--flase
alarm, BTW), shared a lot of humor, rancor, tears.

This list has evolved from CP-info only into a true web-based community.  I
envision the list as a small-town general store where we sit around and
shoot the breeze around the pickle barrel.  I see no need to sterilize it.
There are some good tidbits of knowledge here regardiing living with CP.
You might have to sift through the stories, jokes and tall tales, but many
of us grew up during the "dark ages" with respect to this disability.  We
have a lot to offer.  If we should go off on a 10-20 message tangent about
"The War of Northern Aggression", use your "delete" key.  That's why it's
there.  When I got to work today, there were 170 messages in my
inbox--mostly from the CP list.  Many were deleted unread, but I didn't get
honked off because they were there.  Perhaps someone had something vital to
say to the group that just didn't concern me at that moment.  No big deal.

This pissing and moaning about "I want off here because I thought this was
just about CP" periodically raises its ugly head and then retires back into
the ether.  It'll be back.  I'm not concerned.

-Kyle