C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Kyle E Cleveland <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 08:54:35 -0500
Chester, what I meant by "tonic" was that the ankle muscles were in
mid-spasm when she made the mold.  In other words, the AFO conformed to
the spastic position, not the position that the ankle needed to be in to
be "straight".

Regarding the shoes, if you try a casual/dress walking shoe like
Rockports, the opening is low enough on the side to allow the AFO to
move unencumbered.  I hunt and fish a lot and find that the lace-up type
cordura hunting boots slide over the AFO just fine.

-Kyle