BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Johnette Davies <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks." -- Mary D
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 18:02:46 +0000
][<en -

Thanks for the link.  Looks pretty interesting.  I have
some friends that have done some work at similar World
Monuments sites in the Czech Republic.  It's really
great to see colleagues/promotions people/fund raisers
etc. here in "the west" lending their talents to these
causes.  Places like these and others not-so-grand are
the reasons why I (we?) travel, to go and see/experience
something different, interesting, and/or significant.
These are what make places unique, whether a WMF site,
house museum, or commercial center.

I will forward this, via my travel mate, to our Russian
hostess.  I wonder what she knows about these sites.

- Johnette