Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 00:15:40 -0800
>Ha!  I don't agree.  Common table sugar is sucrose, which is
>found in many fruits.

I would  remind us that we have no clue about what is in a living food ,
.all what we know is what is left after analyse (whitch require destruction
of
the original organisation of molecules.)

  While I would agree that sugar consumption
>on the scale that we have it in the USA and many other developed
>countries is a threat to health, I don't agree that sugar itself
>is non-paleo.  If you eat a single orange you'll consume more
>sucrose than you will from a large serving of bacon.  Some are
>cured with dextrose instead of sucrose, but the same remarks
>apply to dextrose.

The main difference that i see between a paleo diet and a modern one is that
the former exclude extracting nutrients from their context. The sugar in
sugar cane and the sugar extracted from it is very differente in
nature( misshaped by heat molecules of glucose  have been linked to
schizophrenia symptoms)

"I soak my bacon overnight in a cold pan of water in the
>refrigerator. Soaking removes the sugar and salt content of the bacon,
>as sugar and salt are water soluble."

Even if  you could do that it doesnt change anything about the metabolites
unused or uneliminated stored in the fatty tissues . What we call toxins ,
foreign molecules ( pesticides and other chemicals ... The pigs didn't want
in the 1st place , i doubt humans can do anybetter than storing it in their
fat also. A wild boar is unable with a wild diet to become as fat as a pig
but raised with denatured food they succed to do so, ( not so much because
they don't have so much genetic history making then prone to obesity.)

Oily fish and   cheap diet

>If Ray on 48 hrs. started talking about having to go out of your way to get
>range meats, that would immediately turn people off

They will have to go out their way to the bakery anyway and it wil be
perceived as a  huge sacrifice so asking for free range is not a big deal in
comparaison.

 who are used to going
>the supermarket.  After they get "into" the paleo concept, then they could
>explore the fine pts.  Americans are used to convenience! Fast foods!
>Microwaveable products! Jean Claude I admire your dedication, but people
have
>to be introduced to things slowly....

yes i know! i live on an other planet.! just getting impatient for radical
changes. It takes a while to realise the extent of the insanity of what we
are doing. Any small realisation is good. But somebody have to strech the
limits of what is "acceptable ".  the tentation for inertia and for
reproducing the same old thing with just a slight change of forms is huge.

Some peoples like to be awaken from the dream ( specialy when it is a night
mare) with a bucket of cold water ( in fact most peoples like me wait for
that, they wait to be really sick.) If i could influence peoples to take
charge of their own well being before they collapse i will feel usefull.

>> I read recently that  Europe might be on their way to let engineered
foods
>> be sold, and because i believe the reasons of their reticences to accept
>> them have more to do with economico- political reasons than ,because
peoples
>> there ,are more health consious, once this obstacle will be contourned
and
>> america knows well how to do that) the market will be floaded with GEF
if
>> specificaly interested see the article at the end of my message)
>
>No way, in fact a few of the bigger supermarket chains are taking those
products
>with GEF off the shelves!!

Oh i don't doubt there is resistance in Europe but it allways have been the
case yet the americanisation of Europe happenned.
the big corporation s like Monsanto have lot of power , and do you know
where it come from ?. from the customers of chemically farmed produces.
Every time we buy non organic items we are suporting this big chemical
fertilisers company.in their researchs and their attempt to market the
result.
jean-claude