C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 03:03:36 EDT
Joy, I can see why your parents gave you your name.  You are a joy and a
blessing in this world.  Thank you for your prayers and kind offer.  I will
keep your family, and especially your Grandmother in my prayers as well.  I
can imagine the frustration you must feel with your Grandmother's doctors.
Under the circumstances you've described, I don't understand why they would
want to continue chemotherapy.

This sounds very much like my Mother's situation.  Hospice care is an option
when
the patient has been given a diagnosis of six months or less.  Aggressive
treatment is stopped and hospice gives palliative (comfort) care at that
point.  It seems as though your Grandmother is a candidate for that.  Not
knowing the situation exactly, perhaps I shouldn't offer that comment, but
maybe this will be an option offered to her in the near future.

You've touched my heart Joy, and my hugs go to you too.

In a message dated 06/03/2000 11:55:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>  I can definitely empathize with what you and your mom are going through.
My