C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 15:06:45 -0400
As far as I was =
> able to determine only certain public places are required to provide BR =
> access ie restaurants, bars, gas stations, etc. It has something to do =
> with how much time the public spends at the establishment. Malls only need
=
> to provide facilities based on square footage of retail space. I never got
=
> a clear answer re who decides this stuff.

I was under the impression that if an establishment provided food and drink
that was to be consumed on the premises they were required to have bathrooms
to the public. That is why banks, post offices etc aren;t required to let
you use thiers. Big establishments such as Malls etc do it as a courtesy not
as a requirement. I know big malls that have only one BR area for the entire
mall area.
Joanne