C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 20:35:08 -0400
7bit
From:
Developmental/ Behavioral/ Functional Optometrists do prescribe glasses and
do tests.  They take a very functional look at vision not just the
structural aspects.  They look at aspects of vision such as convergence,
processing, tracking, etc. and are often involved in prescribing vision
therapy.  Vision therapy is a series of exercises to help build visual
skills.  I like the input our Dr. gives me because I get more than the
typical near and far sighted.
Neuro-ophthalmologists are doctors and are very interested in functional
vision.  Not exactly sure about their scope as I haven't worked with one
but, from what I've picked up they specialize in neurological aspects of
vision.  For example, they would work with people who've had strokes, or
brain injury.  I believe they are something like a cross between a
neurologist and an ophthalmologist.  I can look further into it for you if
you want.  Have I made any sense.

Beth the OT