From:
Hutton, Karen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 11:31:31 -0700

Now that the wedding and honeymoon are over I'd like to thank all those that
sent in suggestions for Mushroom Gravy.  We concocted our own using some of
the info we were sent.  Sorry no measurements as we made such a large
quantity.

I pan fried the mushrooms, with garlic, dill, salt and pepper.
Added Imagine Mushroom Gravy and Chicken stock.
Added evaporated milk at the end of heating to slightly thicken and make
creamy.
Used a cornstarch slurry to thicken.

Meatballs were made ahead of time and frozen.  The gravy was made the day
before up to the adding cream.

We catered our own wedding;

Roast - done with seasoning salt, red wine and garlic cloves
Ham
Meatballs with mushroom gravy

Baked Potatoes

Corn niblets
Carrots

Marshmallow/Fruit Salad
Coleslaw

Condiments were all GF.

The above portion of the meal was totally GF.

Rolls were not GF.

Our wedding cake was a carrot cake - not GF.  We drank from a matrimonial
cup instead of serving each other the cake.

I made gluten squares for the guests and some GF squares for my son and I.
Ours were kept in the kitchen.  The gluten squares were on a separate table
from the meal.

The recipes for the gluten squares were quite easy.  My mom made them (first
time I bought wheat flour in 6 years) and thinks I could adapt them to GF
quite easily.  Will try them and let you all know.

Thanks again for this list, it always seems to come thru.

Please note change in email (was kbulmer now khutton)

KAREN HUTTON
    Systems Analyst     Phone: (780) 482-8660
    Information Systems Pager:  (780) 445-1320
CAPITAL HEALTH  Fax:       (780) 482-8110
EDMONTON, ALBERTA         E-mail: [log in to unmask]