Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 10:03:05 -0700

I've found that Thai restaurants are fairly easy to eat at. They
traditionally use no wheat at all in Thailand. So over here, if you just
make sure the noodles are rice, then ask them to hold the soy sauce and
MSG, you can be pretty sure of getting a gluten free meal without much
other explanation.

My second favorite (after the one on Whidbey Island that has absolutely no
gluten in the establisment anywhere) is the Chantanee in NE Bellevue at 150
105th Ave. We ate there yesterday while we were having our car serviced.

The waitress told me they have one "no wheat" group or another eating there
every week or two (probably some of those Seattle GIG'ers :) So they're
familiar with the problem.

They habitually use a soy sauce for cooking that has no wheat in it as an
accommodation to the no-wheaters. But the soy on the table does have wheat
in it they told me. They don't ever use MSG, so you don't have to worry
about that. Easy to get a GF meal there, and the food is, IMHO, better than
most Thai restaurants. -vance

PS. Insult overheard in Bellevue on the street yesterday: Save your breath:
you'll need it to blow up your date.