From:
Hillary_Crane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 10:40:05 -0500

Greetings fellow list mates,

I just called Johnson & Johnson/Merck about Mylanta's gluten status.  I was
told that they could not be certain what was in the inactive ingredients
supplied by an outside firm and, as a result, they do not recommend those
with gluten problems consume their product.  I followed up by asking about
their other products and was told that they could also not guarantee the
gluten status of their entire Mylanta and Pepcid lines.

On another note, I've been having significant heartburn problems due to
medications I'm taking for inactive TB.  Is there a gluten-free, over the
counter, preferably liquid form antacid that any of you would recommend?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,

Hillary
Providence, RI